NGK Spark Plug (Australia) Pty Ltd ACN 005 601 294 and its related bodies corporate (we, our or us) are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act), the Australian Privacy Principals (APP) and the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code 2014 (CR Code).
This policy details how we collect, disclose and handle your personal and credit information. By providing us with personal and credit information, you agree to the terms of this policy and any Privacy Notice and Privacy Consent provided at the point of collection.
Personal information is defined under the Act as information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not. Sensitive information is a type of personal information that includes health, genetic or biometric information, or information or an opinion which indicates racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or affiliations, membership of a trade union, profession, trade association or political association, political or philosophical opinions, sexual orientation or practice, or criminal record.
For the purpose of this policy, personal information may include, but is not limited to the following:
- name, address and contact details;
- previous addresses;
- business information;
- who you work for and your position;
- current and last known employer;
- information in identification documents (e.g. driver’s licence or passport);
- bank account details;
- financial information, financial status and credit history;
- transaction history, for example the purchase and payment of goods and/or services;
- vehicle details, including vehicle registration;
- your image on closed circuit television;
- feedback and responses to surveys and/or promotions;
- changes to content or preferences; and
- information provided on our website or during communication with us.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose credit information, credit eligibility information and CP derived information (being information derived from credit reporting information provided by a credit reporting body that bears on your credit worthiness and eligibility to receive credit), about you in order to offer you commercial credit in connection with the sale of goods and services. You consent to such collection, holding, use and disclosure of your credit information in accordance with the terms of this policy and any Privacy Notice and Privacy Consent provided at the point of collection.
If you apply for commercial credit or provide a guarantee for commercial credit, the kinds of credit information and credit eligibility information that we may collect and hold include information used to identify you, your creditworthiness and any other related information necessary or incidental to the goods and services we provide or propose to provide to you. To the extent permitted by law this may include:
- identification information, including driver’s licence number and previous addresses;
- consumer credit liability information;
- repayment history information;
- a statement that an information request has been made;
- the type and amount of consumer credit and/or commercial credit sought in an application and credit provider details;
- details regarding this application for commercial credit;
- default information;
- payment information;
- new arrangement information;
- court proceedings information;
- personal insolvency information;
- publicly available information in relation to your creditworthiness; or
- serious credit infringement information.
The above information will be referred to as credit information in this policy.
Collecting, holding and using information
Personal information and credit information may be collected from you directly whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so. There are a number of ways that we may collect personal and credit information, including:
- by email or telephone;
- in person;
- in writing;
- when you visit our website;
- when you submit an application, quote, purchase order or request; or
- in the course of supplying goods or services to you;
- from an application for commercial credit;
- where a customer applies for commercial credit, directly from the customer and/or directly from its directors and/or proposed/actual guarantors (as applicable); or
- from credit reporting bodies or other third parties, including trade references provided in an application for commercial credit or for publicly available information.
If you provide us with personal or credit information about another person, you must only do so with their consent and you warrant that the other person is aware of this policy and any applicable Privacy Notice or Privacy Consent.
We collect, hold and use personal information so that we can:
- identify you and conduct necessary checks;
- assess applications;
- sell and deliver our goods or services to you;
- issue, manage and administer goods or services provided to you;
- improve our goods or services;
- send marketing material to you;
- deal with complaints;
- keep a customer record
- register a security interest (where applicable); and
- comply with our legal obligations.
We collect, hold and use credit information so that we can:
- assess your credit worthiness;
- assess applications for credit or whether to accept you as a guarantor;
- assist you to avoid defaulting on your credit obligations;
- notify other credit providers or a credit reporting body of a default by you;
- comply with regulatory or legal requirements;
- enable a third party such as an insurer to assess the risk of providing insurance;
- assess whether to register a security interest and to register a security interest; or
- assess whether to vary credit we provide to you.
If you do not provide us with your personal information or credit information we may not be able to provide you with credit or our goods or services. It may also affect your use of the website.
We may disclose your personal and credit information to our employees, officers, related bodies corporate and third parties as far as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above. The third parties to whom we may disclose your personal and credit information include:
- the manufacturers, suppliers, and contractors used by us;
- insurers, assessors, and underwriters;
- professional advisors and consultants (such as lawyers, accountants, and auditors);
- debt collectors;
- potential business purchasers under confidentiality agreement;
- your potential/actual guarantors and security providers;
- credit reporting bodies, credit providers and other information providers;
- government and regulatory authorities, as required by law and/or in the course of providing our goods and services to you;
- website hosts; and
- third party service providers to whom we outsource some of our functions.
We may also disclose your personal information or credit information to a third party where authorised by you or permitted/required to do so by law.
Website, Cookies and Web Analytics
Our website is hosted in Australia.
When you visit our website we may collect certain information such as server address, browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, the pages you accessed on the website, how long you visited, the date and time you visited, your geographical location and type of device used. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
We may also use ‘cookies’. A cookie is a small file our website places on your computer so that it can remember your preferences and improves your experience of our website. You can block placement of cookies in your browser settings. You can also clear cookies from your browser. If you do this, some parts of our website might not work as well.
Our website uses Google Analytics which collects information about the use of the website and traffic to the website. We use Google Analytics to promote our goods and services, including by allowing us to provide advertising to you on websites not owned by us. You can choose to opt-out of Google Analytics collecting and using your data by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
We do not disclose your personal or credit information to overseas recipients.
Keeping your information secure
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information and credit information is secure – both in electronic and hard copy forms.
We take reasonable steps to keep personal information and credit information safe and secure. Most of your personal information and credit information is securely and safely stored in our electronic database, where we have hard copies we take reasonable steps to keep these safe and secure. Our employees are required to comply with confidentiality obligations and this policy.
Where we disclose personal and credit information to third parties we will take reasonable steps to ensure that they comply with the Act, including the Australian Privacy Principals, and this policy, including where the recipient is located overseas (unless the overseas recipient is subject to a binding legislative regime that as effective as, or substantially similar to, the Australian privacy regime).
Finally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal and credit information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
Changes to this policy
Please be aware that we may amend, vary, modify this policy at any time in our sole discretion and all changes will be effective immediately upon our posting an updated version on our website.
How we deal with requests, corrections and complaints
You can access and correct personal and credit information we hold about you in certain circumstances. You can also contact us if you have any questions about how we handle your personal and credit information, or if you wish to make a complaint.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, you will need to provide evidence of your identity before we grant you access to information.
You can contact us by email or write to us at the postal address below. We will get back to you within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the response we provide you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner with you query or complaint.
Attn: Privacy Officer
Business Name: NGK Spark Plug (Australia) Pty Ltd
Address: 6 Duigan Drive, Moorabbin Airport, VIC, 3194
Email: [email protected]
Phone: + 61 (03) 9730 4900
More information about the Act, APP and CR Code is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au.