KS1000 & KS2000 Series
A Steering Damper acts to dampen and control a vehicle when the front tyres make contact with a hole or rut on the road.
It also helps the vehicle to drive and steer in a straight line, preventing it from following channels and curves in the road surface. While a new steering damper reduces driver fatigue and makes driving safer, a faulty one can force the steering wheel from the driver’s hands when contact is made with a bump in the road. While these are not required in modern 4wd vehicles fitted with steering racks, 4wd’s with steering boxes do require a steering damper.
- Multi-lip oil seal to reduce possibility of oil leakage.
- Hard chromed piston rod reduces friction.
- All weather fluid to maintain constant viscosity regardless of external temperatures.
- Rebound valve assures fast recovery.
- Compression valve self-adjusts for fast recovery.
- Seamless cylinder to reduce possibility of splitting.
- Protective shell to keep out dirt.
- Sintered iron rod guide to extend life of shock absorber.